For those who have fallen behind on their bills it is not surprise that their creditors begin calling to ask when they can expect payment. What does come as a shock is the despicable tactics many debt collector will use to try and separate you from your money.
On today’s show I discuss how you can know if a debt collector is violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and what you can do about it. I specifically address:
- Four ways you can know for sure if a debt collector has violated the FDCPA
- Strategies for making the collection calls stop
- How you can make $1,000 by suing an abusive debt collector
- How you can get a free attorney by suing an abusive debt collector
- How to when a debt collector is permitted to contact third parties like family, co-workers, and friends.
In the podcast I share audio of various rogue debt collectors that I took from an ABC News story. Here is the video in its entirety:
I also shared a clip from Dave Ramsey’s book More than Enough: The Ten Keys to Changing Your Financial Destiny. Here is a link – I highly recommend the book:
And finally, here is another video I did on how to turn the tables on your debt collectors and have them end up owing you.
Schedule a Free Consultation!
John Skiba, Esq.
We offer a free consultation to discuss your debt problem and help you put together a game plan to eliminate your debt once and for all. Give us a call at (480) 420-4028